Skip to main content
Hey all

the King here again. giving you the slow speed download from Cambodge.

and what an eventful week its been here once again. so much to tell, good and bad.

I guess I'll start with the bad news again. My older sister (and fiancé 3 years running) has departed from our presence here in Cambodia and gone back to the sunburnt country. It was awsome having Sammy here with us, she built relationships and bridges that couldn't have been done without her. she was like the iron that sort of ironed out the bad crinkles that no one really likes to see. we'll miss the demon and we ask that God be with her and bless her. So Sammy from Cambodge, Bray Botene Po and Akune Chedran. chum reap Leah yay.

Josh and Ben came and slept at the boys dorm last night and Sarah N, Gabs and Loy went and stayed at the girls dorms. was cool as having the boys over. I really enjoyed the experience, as I think they did. me and Josh took the tuk tuk express all the way there and all the way home this morning (which pretty much just includes cycling along on your bike until you come to a tuk tuk or truck and grab on).

Last night when me and Josh got there after getting all the bikes fixed (finally!!) Brother Bong Pro Him asked if Josh n I could do the talk for the unbaptised, with all of about 5 minutes to prepare, and we both needed showers. so we decided we'd do something on Noah, because Noah is awsome and we can get so many lessons from Noah. it turned out that we didn't end up teaching anything, we just answered question after question about Genesis 6. It was really good.

day before yesterday we recieved some very sad news....Dy, one of the boy dormers, an absolutely top bloke got a phone call telling him his father was dead. he went immedietly to his village where I got the oppotunity to go a week or so ago and meet his father. and some of the boys and Loy and Him told me it would be good if I could go back there to comfort Dy, so me and Him and Tivey and K and Sophea and Puttak all went to Kampong Speu on moto yesterday to go and see Dy. I feel so sorry for him. I dont know where his life will go now, or what is the best way to help him. but Dy is a really top bloke, everyone really gets along well with Dy. but something that everyone can do from your country whereever you are now is pray for the dorms, remember to pray for the dorms every night and everyone in the dorm. for the spiritual security of the dorms. that would be excellent.

one thing that uplifted me so much this week is the night that Dy had gone to Kampong Speu for his fathers funeral Him got all the boys in the dorms got together and we said a prayer and then Him said if anyone wanted to contribute money to help Dy during this tough time they could give there money and we'd give it to him tomorrow. these guys at the dorms are poor. they live of $40 or $50 US a month. about $1.50 or $1.00 on an average day and I saw brothers and freinds handing in $5.00 notes to help Dy out. like this is a big expenditure. the guys will just be eating rice by itself for the next few days. the spirit of sharing here is amazing. Its just like the first century ecclesia. its wonderful.

I had a cool experience the other day......Theavy and Bong Pro took me down to have breakfast with them, and it was a pretty sus breakfast, I wasn't too sure if I was going to get sick or not, porridge off a street vendour, and I figured Theavy and Him would know if its safe or not so I took the chance. and trusted that I'd be looked after. and a couple of guys were like wats this white dude doing eating off the street, and Theavy and Him explained I was Khmer just had white skin and the guys were like thats cool what is he doing in Cambodia and stuff and one of them was interested in the BEC and is now regularly attending for lessons. just shows how God works in peoples life. it could be dodgy looking porridge that brought this man to the Kingdom.

Bremner family arrives tomorrow

Michael Miram, Sarah, Toby and Tabs only have another 8 days left including today

I only have another 11

Gabs only has another 10

the depressing thought of having to leave Cambodia is starting to sink into our minds....but at the same time I think Christ will be back very soon...maybe before I leave Cambodia. its not far away, the dawn is about to break. its such an exciting thought.....I reckon he's so close.

oh and I nearly forgot, me and Josh and Sarah are all going out to Kampong Speu province on Saturday and coming back Sunday before the meeting, about half maybe more of the dorms is coming with. theres a celebration due to the completion of rice harvest. looking forward to that.

and next week me and the cutsnake will possibly be in Vietnam to get our visas renewed so we might take a break for a couple of days.....first holiday since I got here, sort of looking forward to it but I enjoy all my time here in Cambodia.

sorry this blog has been so long but so much happens here.....thanks for bothering to read it. good on ya. please dont forget to pray. thanks heaps. I might see you guys face to face tomorrow in Zion if not then Bray Botene Pa. God Bless from Cambodia.

little Brother Jonno (1 year and 13 days)
the world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. 1 John 2:17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maybe I'm just a girl

Well, dear Readers, Things have been busy here with preparation for our seminar this weekend. Catering, printing, emailing and phoning have been occupying our hours. James is sitting opposite me on the table working on his talks for Friday. We have had quite a number of bookings for our seminar and the numbers have only been limited by the size of our premises. God willing, all will attend and we’ll have a good two days of talks and chatting. We’re planning, God willing, a boat cruise as our social activity and that should be a blast since we can have a 2 hour cruise for 50 people for only $20. Have managed to hook up skype credit and tested a mobile call to Prydie. The 5 second lag meant it was like having two random monologues in the same room. The prices was fairly reasonable, but even as 3 cents a minute the cost climbs. James spends much time out on the balcony. He gets good wireless reception. It's quite a amusing to peek through the window and see James out on the balcony wa...
*hammok place over the mekong *me and gab cruzing the streets *us feastin on the food * jonno swar and sammie *lcdi students planting vegies at the lcdi garden we built for them *lcdi bikers planting dinner at the dorms - amazing feast - beaf lukluk and vermici noodles - yummy *helen and gary on way back to airport *rosie,samie and kylie at seinookville, watching sunset baptised dinner nicht at bec *dude sitting on rock * what do they get up to in cambodia seinookvile we went out to lcdi as sarah vogal is leaving back to nz after a 4 month stint in cambodia and 13months overseas doing mission work (good work sarah, we'll miss you), and lcdi did a special talent night for her when we got there there was a table with flowers all over it and chairs for us - it was so nice we had dudes being throw in the air doing backflips and traditional dancing and a fasion show which was diabolical (if thats a work ill use it, but i dont know what it means but it sound the right word to p...

God Proves the Power of Prayer Again and Again

Over the course of my five-month long Cambodia trip I had the opportunity to teach class es at the Bethezer girl dorm regularly . For th ese class es I have a translator so I just get to teach the good news ( none of this dilly-dallying about English teaching ). Our topic on this particular night was prayer. Philippians 4:6 reminded us that God is longing to hear from us just as a father lo ves to hear from his child or how we are just hanging out to get a message from someone we love. We looked at H is promises to answer ALL our prayers while we abide in Jesus Christ (John 15:7) and at Psalm 34:4 where God confidently affirms that when you find your happiness with God, H e will certainly give you more of what makes you happy (Him!). And you can pray for that happiness because God will give you anything that brings you closer to Him so never be afraid to ask! That is nothing but i ncredibly good news ! We raced through many more quotes and I had expected to strug...