Nice and early on Thursday morning, Jonny, Melinda, Sam,
Him, Theavy, Luke, Maisy, Saruon, the Hugheses and myself all bundled onto the
bus for the trip down to see K, Sarah, Ezekiel, Srey Puov, Sam, Jordan, Jonno,
Ren, Theung and Savvy at the BEC in Sihanoukville. After snoozing our way
through the trip we arrived in the beachside town just in time for lunch, which
just proves my theory that while over here in Cambodia my whole life revolves
around my next meal. After spending the day on Friday being snorkeling,
sunbaking, volleyball playing tourists we got down to the most important aspect
of our visit: the seminars. Saturday afternoon brought the first 2 sessions,
during which we firstly had Jonny speak to the group about Introducing God and
Tim Hughes speak on Introducing Jesus. Then after another delicious meal
courtesy of Theavy and Maisy we heard Luke speak about the Kingdom of God. We
had about 15 interested people come to hear the seminars which was fantastic,
and we even got them all back on the Sunday morning which was even better. We
heard Jonno speak about living a Christian life and Luke ran us through
Christ’s Commandments. The group of visitors were really interested and asked
some really good, insightful questions which I found truly impressive. It
reiterated to me just how passionate so many Khmer people are about the Word of
God and how for granted I can sometimes take the fact that I grew up knowing
about God and his Son. Also, massive kudos to Him and K for their amazing work
translating the talks!
After eating green cake for Ezekiel’s 1st birthday
(again with the food Steph!) Sunday afternoon was our worship service, where
Him reminded us just how difficult it would have been for God to give his Son
up for us, and then we were lucky enough to hear the Khmer brothers and sisters
sing some spiritual songs in their language. Then again early Monday morning
saw the group, minus the Hugheses, Saruon and Luke (and minus breakfast!)
piling back on the bus to return to Phnom Penh.
I write this entry looking down the barrel at leaving this
amazing country in the morning. I’ve had such an amazing time in the 3 weeks
I’ve been here, meeting so many great people. I’m so truly thankful that I’ve
been able to travel here and spend time with so many people who share a love of
God. To anyone who is considering, or even not considering, a visit, DO IT!
What you will gain in your passion and love for God and your brothers and
sisters is immeasurable.
Steph
Comments