
On Sunday we were excited to baptise and welcome a new brother into the growing Cambodian ecclesia. Leaving Lynne and Loy to teach Sunday School, a small group of us headed down to the Mekong riverside in the morning. Sheltering away from the sweltering sun under a nearby tree, we briefly considered the importance of baptism, the first step in our walk towards God's Kingdom. Nirann and Veasna then entered the water, and after a small discussion, Veasna was baptised. He arose from the waters with a look of joy on his face, and we pray that he will continue to feel that joy in the days to come. We celebrated Veasna's baptism by going out for a delicious lunch, followed by the Worship Service back at the BEC. Steve considered the theme of "We shall be like Him", a truly encouraging prospect, given the challenges we face each day.
Veasna headed back to his province on Monday morning, where I am sure that he will face many questions about his baptism into a new faith, and where he will God willing, be ab

le to spread the Word even further throughout Cambodia.
I must just add that although I have only been in Cambodia for about 5 days, I am already so encouraged and excited by the spiritual enthusiasm and friendliness that everyone here displays. There is a definite thirst, not just to hear God's Word, but to discuss it as much as possible. If the opportunity ever arises for you to visit this place, I would encourage you to grab hold of it with both hands, as I am sure that you too will be touched by the eagerness to learn, shown both by our new brothers and sisters and by the many contacts learning about God and His grace.
Sarah
Comments