Spider, snake, rotten fish and crab,
cricket, beetle, silk worm and baby duck.
These
animals have all appeared in my digestive tract while staying in Kampuchea, in
fact baby duck egg even became a regular treat. Every Saturday night after the
Seminar at the dorm, and two hours of fanatical football, on the way home we
would indulge in a boiled egg inclusive of feathers (for your benefit I won’t
explain the rest). Don’t think that coming over to Cambodia will mean you too
must eat these critters, I would just highly recommend it.
If
you are scared that coming over here will mean you don’t get the benefits of
the west, I assure you that just isn’t true! Everything you can buy in the west
can be found at Lucky supermarket just 5 minutes’ walk from the BEC anyway at
fairly competitive prices. The cook at the BEC - Srey Tooch makes a delicious
Spag-Bol and her rendition of KFC (which we like to call Srey-FC) is better
than the original. In fact most people that come over to Cambodia find
themselves overeating and yet losing weight due to the high amounts of fruit
and veges.
And I haven’t even started talking about
the spiritual food yet!
You will find yourself immersed in God’s
word for most of your day, be it through teaching, studying or training in
righteousness. In the 5 months I spent there I actually started being able to
memorise scripture (something I have always struggled with). It will become
your sword while you are here. The students are eager to hear about the
wonderful ideas contained inside. When you teach them they gain English skills,
a critical tool in finding a good job, and also of the grace of God and the
things pertaining to the coming kingdom. What a blessing for you and for them!
How great is our God?
The brothers and sisters here are very
inviting and I you will be well received! Everyone here always carry’s a smile
and the amount they laugh worries me sometimes. Cambodia is filled with a love
that you truly must come over and experience!
Oh and the real ‘chicken nugget’ goes very
well with lime and pepper.
With love from your brother in Christ,
Zac
Comments
Jonno and Ren