Skip to main content
Hi Everyone

We're in Cambodia, so like usual the first thing I'm going to have to say is it's been very busy. Don and Una are wonderful. Don has an enthusiasm rarely seen, enthusiasm that we could do with more of. He's just not happy to sit still, which is great. he's keen as to do teaching and working, he got up early this morning to scrub the BEC, I dunno, I think he enjoys cleaning. I'm on the roster to clean the boys dining area every Saturday night. What a mission!! It usually takes me an hour, But I have a feeling of satisfaction after I've finished.
Una's great too, she's a bit like a Grandma, a nanny that we've been needing over here. She's really good. She thought it was pretty funny a whole lot of the locals the other day down at the markets trying to make this barange (frenchy) eat cockroaches. maybe I would in the provinces, but the fellas at the dorms reckon you get desieses from them. but yer they've both been good.

I've been busy trying to get a seminar organised. Me, Josh and Don finally managed to find time to go down to Russian Market Friday before last, and buy some shirts and get BEC logo's printed on them. So when we did the seminar, Don, Kbraham (Kosal Chann that is) Kosal Seange, Josh, Meng Him and myself all wore these shirts. And I definetly feel it helped out. We also got the BEC cards printed with these logos. Raju created this logo. I think he's done a really good job.











heres the team, in their fancy new BEC shirts. Me and Don were the speakers. I had Kosal Chann translate for me (I have a LOT of work to do on my Khmer), while Kosal Seange translated for Don, both willing and happy workers. Which I think is the most important thing in a translator, and they both did excellent jobs. Josh chaired while Him translated for him (that is Josh...sorry a little confusing ) a good excuse for the both of them to wear such impressive shirts. I haven't yet heard a negative comment from it. Everyone said it was really good, Don wanted to give it a 10/10 which is good.
we had a full house. 90 people were there, I did my session on "Introducing the Bible" which included a lot of general knowledge, like theres 66 books, written in Hebrew and Greek, and just lots of interesting facts making the bible a good read, like it took over 1500 years to write, by more than 40 different authors, still contains one message of Gods love for the world, and then how science proves the bible is true. and finished off on John 3:17, how our salvation is based on our relationship with God and Jesus who he sent, how the bible is God's word, so we communiciate with God via the bible and prayer through Christ. So it is very important that we read and study the bible, so come to the BEC to study.
we had a break for half an hour, which was a good oppotunity to talk to all the contacts, and then went straight into Don's talk. which was excellent. it went for more like an hour and a half, and was worth every minute of it. he spoke about the prophecies of Jesus in the old testament, and how Jesus fulfilled them. He went right through the finding of the dead sea scrolls (proving Isaiah was written before any of the New Testament books) going through some of the minor prophets and Psalms and Isaiah. he especially looked into Psalm 22. which was good, read it right through. and finished up (like me) with the BEC.
Then Josh talked about The BEC, and handed everyone a certificate of attendence. which advertises the BEC a lot, help them remember and gives them a reference, something they really appreciate. *Ali and Una
After that Sorphea, one of the boys who has been going through for baptism with me left. Gone for at least a year. Sorphea was an original dormer, and now he's gone to work with World Relief in Kampong Cham. seriously felt so sad when he left, I really like Sorphea, he has a really good knowledge of the bible, actually pays attention, and had a lot to offer us. He said he'll be back. I hope so. This is a photo of Saory taking him to the bus station, he's got all his luggage sitting on his lap.
and halfway through this news, Josh got a phone call from Brother Kunthea. he couldn't make it to do his exhort that afternoon, so someone had to fill in. I finish the ecclesial Roster off, so I read through my chapter (Genesis 6) once before I had to talk about it. Everyone was very tired, so I had to make it exciting, I still went over time. but between Saturday night mini seminar (which I always have to be loud for), seminar sunday morning (for 90 people I had to speak loudly) and an exhort to a sleepy audience, my throat is shot today. a bit sore. but I'm sure it will be better by tomorrow.
and now its monday. and I'm back to having many jobs to do. one of them was writing this blog. seeing as its looking like I've gone for a long time I might say Chum reap leah.
please continue your prayers for the brothers and sisters and interested contacts here. this is a land flooded with oppotunity. I hope we can get some while it lasts. thanks for taking the time out of your busy life to read this blog. I'll see some of you in the flesh in just 5 weeks (sigh). It's going to be like ripping off my arm getting on that plane. This country is amazing. I love the people here, I really hope God continues to bless us here and our work with them so maybe one day we can share eternity with them.
I may see some of you tomorrow, at our returned saviours feet. if not in Australia in 5 weeks (where mums going to have mexican waiting for me.... nachos, enchilada's, taco's all with extra cheese and meat). God Bless
Love always
little Brother Jonno










Comments

bippy said…
hey
thats not what i heard, weren't you cleaning the toilets haha :)

do and una are great, awesome having them over

cool that seminar went off

take care
benxo
Sara-Rose said…
get some rest, yr doing great xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Maybe I'm just a girl

Well, dear Readers, Things have been busy here with preparation for our seminar this weekend. Catering, printing, emailing and phoning have been occupying our hours. James is sitting opposite me on the table working on his talks for Friday. We have had quite a number of bookings for our seminar and the numbers have only been limited by the size of our premises. God willing, all will attend and we’ll have a good two days of talks and chatting. We’re planning, God willing, a boat cruise as our social activity and that should be a blast since we can have a 2 hour cruise for 50 people for only $20. Have managed to hook up skype credit and tested a mobile call to Prydie. The 5 second lag meant it was like having two random monologues in the same room. The prices was fairly reasonable, but even as 3 cents a minute the cost climbs. James spends much time out on the balcony. He gets good wireless reception. It's quite a amusing to peek through the window and see James out on the balcony wa...
*hammok place over the mekong *me and gab cruzing the streets *us feastin on the food * jonno swar and sammie *lcdi students planting vegies at the lcdi garden we built for them *lcdi bikers planting dinner at the dorms - amazing feast - beaf lukluk and vermici noodles - yummy *helen and gary on way back to airport *rosie,samie and kylie at seinookville, watching sunset baptised dinner nicht at bec *dude sitting on rock * what do they get up to in cambodia seinookvile we went out to lcdi as sarah vogal is leaving back to nz after a 4 month stint in cambodia and 13months overseas doing mission work (good work sarah, we'll miss you), and lcdi did a special talent night for her when we got there there was a table with flowers all over it and chairs for us - it was so nice we had dudes being throw in the air doing backflips and traditional dancing and a fasion show which was diabolical (if thats a work ill use it, but i dont know what it means but it sound the right word to p...

God Proves the Power of Prayer Again and Again

Over the course of my five-month long Cambodia trip I had the opportunity to teach class es at the Bethezer girl dorm regularly . For th ese class es I have a translator so I just get to teach the good news ( none of this dilly-dallying about English teaching ). Our topic on this particular night was prayer. Philippians 4:6 reminded us that God is longing to hear from us just as a father lo ves to hear from his child or how we are just hanging out to get a message from someone we love. We looked at H is promises to answer ALL our prayers while we abide in Jesus Christ (John 15:7) and at Psalm 34:4 where God confidently affirms that when you find your happiness with God, H e will certainly give you more of what makes you happy (Him!). And you can pray for that happiness because God will give you anything that brings you closer to Him so never be afraid to ask! That is nothing but i ncredibly good news ! We raced through many more quotes and I had expected to strug...