We have begun preparations in Phnom Penh for the Bible School and preaching to take place here in December! Excitement is building already with our ecclesia and also with the boys from Bethezer dorm. We have acquired some guitars and are in the process of practising songs, with which the locals will be familiar. One of the dormers, Chea, is a great guitarist and although he cannot read music, can play by ear. Kosal and Clash also play, although they cannot afford guitars of their own. Of course, our sister Gaye is a keen guitarist also and has been learning some new songs over the last couple of weeks. Perhaps someone who is coming in December will want to consider bringing a guitar with them to use while here, and t
hen donate to the boys’ dorm so they can continue to make music and praise God.
Loy was away recently at her cousins’ wedding and we were so happy to lend her our camera to take some memorable snaps…we hardly recognised her all dressed up and looking so glamorous (the bride and groom are in the middle and Loy is next to the bride).
An amazing sight yesterday was a HUGE crane travelling along our road…so high it nearly reached our upstairs balcony. Three young men were perched on top with sticks lifting the electrical wires out of the way as the crane driver drove …seemingly oblivious to their perilous actions. This picture gives some idea of the mess of electrical wires that are stung at random across the roads and hang very loosely. While I was watching for just a moment one of the boys had to quickly duck down when his stick failed to lift the wires in time! Definitely a “Kodak” moment but I was in too much shock and horror. Typically, the young men seemed to be enjoying their flirtati
on with danger!
(I don't know what I did to get the text all underlined ...guess I'll just have to pretend it was for a different effect!!)
Lynne and Steve
Loy was away recently at her cousins’ wedding and we were so happy to lend her our camera to take some memorable snaps…we hardly recognised her all dressed up and looking so glamorous (the bride and groom are in the middle and Loy is next to the bride).
An amazing sight yesterday was a HUGE crane travelling along our road…so high it nearly reached our upstairs balcony. Three young men were perched on top with sticks lifting the electrical wires out of the way as the crane driver drove …seemingly oblivious to their perilous actions. This picture gives some idea of the mess of electrical wires that are stung at random across the roads and hang very loosely. While I was watching for just a moment one of the boys had to quickly duck down when his stick failed to lift the wires in time! Definitely a “Kodak” moment but I was in too much shock and horror. Typically, the young men seemed to be enjoying their flirtati
(I don't know what I did to get the text all underlined ...guess I'll just have to pretend it was for a different effect!!)
Lynne and Steve
Comments