By Tobiah Hewitt
(as translated from the original Boo-Talk)
Behold! The bottle cap!
See how simple it is
Yet perfect in shape
A circle.
Observe its colour
Beautiful blue
And semi-transparent.
But, O, it becomes so much more,
How versatile in use,
How wonderfully entertaining.
See how I can wave it about.
An instrument of joy,
When bashed against the tiles.
But, Alas.
It rolls away across the room,
Enticing me to pursue.
Then I capture it!
In my grasp once more.
But my triumph is short-lived.
Suddenly, once more, gone.
How tricky it is!
Slipping from my hands.
I must give chase.
And again,
And again,
And again,
Until,
At last,
It no longer amuses me.
Alas.
But then……..
Behold! A piece of fluff!
Behold! The bottle cap!See how simple it is
Yet perfect in shape
A circle.
Observe its colour
Beautiful blue
And semi-transparent.
But, O, it becomes so much more,
How versatile in use,
How wonderfully entertaining.
See how I can wave it about.
An instrument of joy,
When bashed against the tiles.
But, Alas.
It rolls away across the room,
Enticing me to pursue.

Then I capture it!
In my grasp once more.
But my triumph is short-lived.
Suddenly, once more, gone.
How tricky it is!
Slipping from my hands.
I must give chase.
And again,
And again,And again,
Until,
At last,
It no longer amuses me.
Alas.
But then……..
Behold! A piece of fluff!
Comments
Really enjoying reading about all your experiences, which are bringing back some good and some trying memories of our years in India, and even our current time in Singapore.
Special note to Miriam to simply cut off those horrible tags (ie. anything that doesn't say "S" for small) and try not to worry about this ego-denting aspect of living in Asia. You are still the same little you!
sounds like your teaching and daily life are going well, despite the fact that everything is so different, takes 3 times as long as back home (or you have carefully allowed for), and life is just full of surprises.
We pray that God will continue to watch over you all, keep you safe, and water the "seeds" you are planting for Him.
Love and hugs to all
Judy Twine (et al)
Peter Collins