If you ever feel that you've forgotten the power of the gospel, left it buried inadvertently under a multitude of word studies or forgotten the unsurpassed value of the hope it produces; go and teach it to children. Preferably children who have never heard the message before. Children like the 55 6-16 year-olds I teach on Wednesdays at the Leadership and Character Development Institute (LCDI). The boarding school provides opportunities for poor and disadvantaged children to receive an education, which, according to Matthew 11:5, there is no better place to spread the good news.
Simplify your words, forget the eloquent spiels you are accustomed to and bring to the surface the simplicity of the gospel truth. "God loves you. He wants to save you from death. He wants to live forever with you. That is what you were made for. He loved you so much He sent His Son to save you." As you speak these realities to their young hearts, you see minds begin to tick over. The brave question-ers give you a glimpse into their thoughts: "Will I look like a child forever?" "Will I be happy for eternity?" And you get to experience the power anew. You get to stand in awe of His grace once again.
Simplify your words, forget the eloquent spiels you are accustomed to and bring to the surface the simplicity of the gospel truth. "God loves you. He wants to save you from death. He wants to live forever with you. That is what you were made for. He loved you so much He sent His Son to save you." As you speak these realities to their young hearts, you see minds begin to tick over. The brave question-ers give you a glimpse into their thoughts: "Will I look like a child forever?" "Will I be happy for eternity?" And you get to experience the power anew. You get to stand in awe of His grace once again.
Comments