Abraham the man of Faith was
our theme for the May Outreach Weekend. We looked at events in his life, the
promises he received and how we can participate in those promises.
We had about 12 attendees
for the full weekend which included 6 studies (plus the seminar at the dorms
and the memorial meeting). Quite a full-on weekend! And yet the students were
attentive and interested throughout!! I know I've been here for a few months
now but I am still impressed by the enthusiam of our students and their thirst
to learn.
Hmmm.... I appear to have
writers block so I think it may be best for me to share the highlights in point
form.
·
I was priveleged to teach the section on what
the promises mean for us. I started by getting the students to brainstorm what
they had learnt so far about what exactly was promised. They recalled every
aspect!!! And then went on to work out a lot of the partial application without
assistance.
·
The tropical storm that abruptly concluded the
seminar (don't worry, we did get all the info. We were just answering
questions). I love rain so much and it makes such a difference to the
temperature!!! I can totally sympathise with anyone who wants to run about in
the rain but was amazed that the boys were so excited about the prospect of
playing soccer in the rain... sounds a little too much like 'mud' to me.
·
A conversation with one of the LCDI students. I
showed him my hometown on the world map. Then he asked me to tell him about the
1st & 2nd World Wars. Then he asked me whether I thought North Korea would
start World War III. Such a good opportunity to talk about Israel's return to
the land (aided by WWI & WWII) and then Christ's return (aided by
Armageddon).
·
The personal exhortations gained from looking at
the life of Abraham again. He was so patient, so faithful, so trusting and so
consistent. And our God is so loving, so giving, so forgiving, so trustworthy
and worthy to be praised.
Look out for the next
installment: Phnom Penh Ecclesial Study Weekend, Sihanoukville, 11-14th May.
Sis Melinda

Comments