me and Ben spending some time at the dorms the other day.

the boys love photos....specially Samrach


the boys love photos....specially Samrach
Brother Veasna hanging out with the Aussie dudes....naw not really we're all from the same country. the one in the future.

Ben Living the dream* K climbing a paw paw tree. its massive

Dy grabbing us a delicious snack * my mum


Ben Living the dream* K climbing a paw paw tree. its massive
Dy grabbing us a delicious snack * my mum
Some fool took fireworks to the province * a photo while me and K were lost

some more photos while me and K were lost....

ahhhhh......I love this country. sprung asleep while I was meant to be studying for a talk. cheers Kbraham
ahhhhh......I love this country. sprung asleep while I was meant to be studying for a talk. cheers Kbraham
Hey everyone
I'm soon becoming the blog king. life in Cambodia has been great. as usual its been extremely hectic since the last time I wrote on the blog site.
Josh and Sarah Sawell arrived in Cambodia yesterday, stoked as. They're loving it already, at the moment they're over at the dorms meeting everyone.
Bens on the other computer, hes going to put his blog up first, but hey thats fine because you guys will all read mine first :D!!
I lived at the BEC for a week while I had conjuntivitus, but now I'm back at the dorms....which is sweet as! boys welcomed me back day before yesterday.
Its been Chinese new years over here! so holidays all the time, I love Cambodge, never stops having holidays. half of the boy and girl dormers have gone back home to their provinces. and I decided to join them on Sunday after the meeting. which was an awsome experience. me and Father Kbraham didn't know if we could go, Vanny was sick, and there was no available motos. and some idiot had bought fireworks from the celebrations, so we were distracted. eventually however we had to make a discision. So Chet, had invited us to go and stay at his house, and had already told his village we were coming and prepared a feast for us. which was of enormous proportions! so we felt we should probably go. so without really telling anyone we went and hired a moto, a really good moto, very good breaks and acceleration with a full tank of fuel for a day only $4.00. what a bargain. so me and K rode out to the middle of Kampon Speu province and got lost. just as it was getting dark. luck Rottana called us and guided us back to the safety of his village. where they put on a huge spread and I got to see 6 of the boys homes. I got to see Dy's, So Chet's where we slept, Saorys, Rottanas, Vitous and Samrachs. it was awsome. I got to meet all their family and understand where they were from. It really helped me to understand a little more about the average Cambodian.
Saturday night I got a luxery I dont get often, I got to have a hot shower, and as I was standing in the middle of the paddock wrapped in a sarong shivering while I poured another bucket of freezing water over my head I couldn't help thinking this was somehow to balance out that little luxary. So Chet was so hospitable. I seriously couldn't get over it. he fed us until we were at bursting point. and was caring and was the best host I've ever seen. I call him my mum now. I think it was a really good experience. and all the boys invited me back for the end of harvest festival. which I would really like to go to. riding around in the dirt roads with no eye protection on probably wasn't that great for my conjuntivitus but I survived.
Chinese New Year has been hectic, theres dudes driving around in trucks with massive drums that stop everynow and then to do hectic acrobats and stuff. Ben and Sam followed one yesterday. sounded pretty funny, but I reckon he'll tell you about that. I glimpsed one yesterday on the way to the airport.
all lessons at the dorms have been called off this week because of Chinese New Year Holiday. so I got Vanny and K to come over and we started calling all old contacts that we have. We had an awsome response. we had one guy say he was so keen he was coming over for a lesson straight away. about half said they weren't intereseted. but still an awsome response. many said they would really like to come to a seminar or they want a seminar to bring there freind to, so me and Loy are organising a seminar and a party. the party will say welcome to the Sawells, and farewell to the Hewitts and Sarah, and we'll invite eveyone to a seminar on the creation of the world and how the bible is proved true. I'm really excited about this. I think we've got an excellent oppotunity over here. we just need more help.
So what else has been going on?
Sammy went to Kampot, and shes been raving about it. it was her first province trip. hopefully she'll put up a blog later
Miriam and her folks are up in Siem Reap with Tabitha (did I mention that miriams folks were here, well they're here and they're really nice)
Sammys leaving on Tuesday....(tears) which is really sad and everyone is going to miss her heaps
Bens been doing his thing, bit of everything, I think you guys have already heard from him.
Josh and Sarah are loving it
Bremners arrive pretty soon I think. looking forward to meeting them
oh and I walked from the dorms to the BEC this morning, so I really need to fix the bikes. been living as cheap as chips and still loving it.
Please keep Cambodia in your prayers...we seriously need Gods hand here, theres so much oppotunity for people here to be in the Kingdom one day if we can do something about it now. no matter the small sacrifice we have to make now. and praying takes very little effort. so please pray for the contacts here and that God blesses the work being done here. thanks.
Bray Botene Po from Cambodia (God Bless)
in love through our soon returning Lord and brother, the soon to be King of the world
Brother Jonno
the world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. 1 John 2:17
P.S. sorry this blog is so long, I'm going to have to work on my not dragging on skills
Comments